Jessica G. Wilson | Associate
Areas of Practice
Ms. Wilson is an associate at Butz Dunn & DeSantis. Her areas of practice include complex civil litigation, commercial disputes, insurance coverage matters, general business litigation, professional liability and employment law matters. Before joining the firm, Ms. Wilson served as the first post-bar litigation fellow at the law firm of Sandler Lasry Laube Byer & Valdez, where she received intense litigation training and guidance from well-established trial attorneys. Her experience as a fellow included matters representing plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of disputes, such as complex business, corporate, partnership and real estate problems, construction issues, condemnation, personal injury, disability rights, banking, employment, and professional negligence matters. Through the fellowship, Ms. Wilson worked with the partners on jury and bench trials, arbitrations, and mediations.
- Assisted in representing plaintiff in action for wrongful termination of in-house counsel including analysis of whistleblower provisions under the Sarbanes Oxley Act.
- Assisted in the representation and defense of law firm and partner in legal malpractice claim with allegations by former client of conflict of interest/failure to secure proper waivers, and conspiracy, including analysis of fundamental rights and defense through anti-SLAPP provisions.
- Assisted in two week bench trial in defense of local government agency against claims of inverse condemnation.
- Assisted in the representation of family in action for wrongful death against driver of motor vehicle involving international jurisdictional issues, agent-principal liability and enterprise liability.
- Assisted in the representation of design/builder in federal action against subcontractor/member of design build team for breach of subcontract in government construction project.
- Assisted in the successful defense of individuals as principals of corporation from allegations of investor fraud.
- Assisted in the defense of professional liability claims asserted against various design firms.
- Ms. Wilson is actively involved in pro bono work. She received The Wiley W. Manuel Award for Pro Bono Legal Services in 2008. She is a Volunteer Literacy Tutor and Volunteer Teen-Mentor.
- State Bar of California
- San Diego County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- University of San Diego Law Alumni Board of Directors, 2010
- Alumnus, American Inns of Court, Louis M. Welsh Chapter
- Participant, National Institute for Trial Advocacy’s Pacific Trial Program
- Participant, National Institute for Trial Advocacy’s Deposition Program
- Participant, San Diego Inn of Court, Evidence Advocacy Workshop
- Admitted to practice, all courts of the State of California
- Admitted to practice, United States District Court for the Southern District
Ms. Wilson graduated from the University of San Diego with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics and a minor in Business Administration in 2002. She then returned to the University of San Diego School of Law, where she earned her Juris Doctorate in 2006 and has remained an active alumnus.